December is just around the corner, and we remain on track to hit our goal of shipping in 2022. We appreciate your support and as a way to thank our early supporters, we are delighted to share that the Z1 Launch Edition will include some additional goodies!
We have received the electrical components, gearboxes, and stands. We are on track to receive the remaining components in December.
While we are running on a tight schedule and at the moment we are cautiously optimistic about beginning to ship orders in late December 2022 barring any unforeseen delays. We will be sending backers an email before their order ships. If there is a change of address, backers should inform us at that time. Over the next couple of weeks, backers will receive an email to select your individual wood caps.
Upgrades and goodies:
We are excited to share some upgrades to the Z1 Launch Edition that we made, at no additional cost, for all our early supporters.
- Upgraded Funnel: made of machined stainless steel and has increased durability and aesthetics
- Machined Dosing Cup: The Zerno team has created a machined dosing cup to complement the Z1 coffee grinder. The cup is precision machined to fit a 58mm portafilter. It has a nice heft to it and it features a soft pad to protect your countertop.
- Upgraded ergonomics: During testing, we noticed that users had to reach to the rear of the unit to turn it on and off. To make the workflow smoother, we moved the switch towards the middle of the grinder and to the right
- Upgraded grind adjustment dial graduation: The Z1 dial is now graduated in microns. This makes the grinding process much more precise and makes transferring grind settings easier.
- Upgraded grind adjustment dial zeroing mechanism: The Z1 includes a mechanism that makes it easy to zero in your grinder. This process just got easier with the newly upgraded dial. The entire mechanism is hidden so there are no holes to take away from the function of the dial and fill up with coffee grounds
Follow us for updates:
If you’d like to learn more about our manufacturing process, please join us on Discord (search for the Zerno thread under the Grinders channel) where we post occasional updates.
Keeping this short so we can get back to the grind. We thank you for your support and patience as we make it through this final push.
The Zerno Team